Located on the corner of St Pauls Terrace and Constance Street in Fortitude Valley, the Green Square South Tower is the first building in Queensland to be awarded the prestigious five star Green Star rating for office design. Robert Bird Group provided a full civil, structural and construction engineering service from Project inception.
- A permanent anchored shoring system was utilised to eliminate large out-of-balance soil loads across the site.
- Structural framing incorporates precast column construction with simple dowel connections and double storey lifts to reduce construction time and eliminate exposed bleed holes to satisfy architectural requirements.
- Long span post-tensioned floor plates utilising stud rail shear heads to simplify formwork and reduce floor construction cycle times.
- Structural green star features included the utilization of recycled steel in all forms of steel through the project, 40% cementation replacement in all concrete mixes and all post-consumer recycled timber throughout.
- Large cantilevering steel roof designed to meet fire rating requirements to eliminate fire rated ceilings.
Total Area: 17,360m2
4 levels + 3 basements
Robert Bird Group Services:
- 5 Star Greenstar