Robert Bird Group has been commissioned by the developer of this prestigious residential tower in the Sydney CBD to provide construction methodology, demolition works sequencing, and temporary works engineering services for the project. The unique engineering challenges that RBG will solve include the temporary retention of an existing 26-level-tall structural steel frame, whilst the existing façade and floors are demolished.
RBG worked with the contractor to develop a detailed demolition and reconstruction sequence which adequately addressed the site access, limitations of the capacity of the existing 50-year-old structure and coordination of any temporary works with permanent works.
4 Star Greenstar
4 Star AGBR
Investment Pty Limited
Delta Group (Demolition)
BVN + Woods Bagot
Robert Bird Group Services:
Temporary Works Engineering
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.