This building reflects ICD Brookfield’s commitment to creating ‘Best in Class’ developments in dynamic, vibrant global markets, providing intelligently planned work space adaptable to myriad occupancy styles. The singular and distinctive architecture is driven by a sophisticated consideration of form and function; a simplicity and elegance of expression and detailing; and a richness of materials. RBG collaborated with the project design team to create an efficient, elegant structural solution which embodies the shared vision for the project.
370 Million USD
Year Start / Completed:
Target – 2019
Total Area: 238,500 m2
7 Levels of Basement
Target LEED GOLD
Foster + Partners
Robert Bird Group Services:
Structural Engineering Design
Civil Engineering Design
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.