This $30 million, 4,300m2 building along with the new Private Hospital will form a major medical precinct within the Macquarie University Research Park to complement the Allied Health teaching services offered by Macquarie University.
The building comprises 5 storeys of specialist consulting rooms with 2 basement carpark levels.
Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role include the following:
- Post-tensioned Banded Concrete Slab System
- Elevated steel trussed link bridge approximately 36m long connecting to the adjacent Hospital Building
- Lateral restraint provided by 2 central concrete cores
- Steel cantilevered Porte Cochere entry awning
Total Area: 4,300m2
Levels: 5 Storeys
Basement Levels: 2
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.