The Mater Misericordiae Hospital implemented a $150m hospital redevelopment project which was under a 3.5 year PPP delivery arrangement with the Health Administration Corporation.
The redevelopment involved a new emergency and intensive care unit, new operating theatres, new coronary care unit and three new wards. Extensive coordination and reconfiguration of existing structure was planned to maintain hospital operation during the delivery program.
Key technical innovations
Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role included the following:
- New emergency and intensive care unit.
- New operating theatres.
- New coronary care unit.
- Three new wards.
- Chemotherapy suite including radiation containment bunkers.
- Expansion of mental health facilities.
- Expansion of cancer services.
- Reuse and strengthening of existing heritage listed masonry framed building.
- Redesigned PPP tender documents to produce savings in foundation systems.
- Produced structural solutions and liaised with various parties to facilitate construction staging.
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Suter Architects JV
Robert Bird Group Services: