The Mater Misericordiae Hospital implemented a $150m hospital redevelopment project which was under a 3.5 year PPP delivery arrangement with the Health Administration Corporation.
The redevelopment involved a new emergency and intensive care unit, new operating theatres, new coronary care unit and three new wards. Extensive coordination and reconfiguration of existing structure was planned to maintain hospital operation during the delivery program.
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Suter Architects JV
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.