Ocean Heights is designed by Aedas and is under construction by Arabtec in the Dubai Marina of greater Dubai. The tower will stand 310 meters (1,017 feet) tall and have 82 floors. Construction is set to end in 2010.
Arabtec Construction LLC
Robert Bird Group Services:
Specialist Structural Engineering
Building movement studies
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.