The Perfume Factory is a large private rental sector development in North Acton, in a mixed industrial and residential area. The development will deliver 480 homes distributed across a 34-storey tower, a 19-storey tower and two 10-storey buildings. Extensive communal amenities both internally and externally include dedicated child-play space and roof terraces. The development will be built using volumetric modular technology, off-site fabricating the 480 apartment units into approximately 1200 modules, reducing the construction programme by at least 6 months, compared to traditional construction.
Site Area: 4500m2
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.