This facility was expanded to three buildings in four years due to the growth of the company. The buildings won the QMBA award for “Project of the Year” in 2001 and the AISC award for the engineering and detailing in 2001.Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role include the following:
- 9,000m2 of manufacturing and 600m2 of office space.
- The structural system involves a portal system with 2 x 30m bay and 12m breezeway for ventilation and vehicle deliveries.
- Large cantilevers were employed to cover boat racks.
- Internal partition walls can be varied in location to suit future changes in production requirements.
- Curved roof was detailed in association with consultants and relevant trades to enable easy fabrication, coating and erection.
2001 – 2006
Total Area: Approx. 9,600m²
Robert Bird Group Services: