River Place is a 43-storey apartment tower, including four basement levels, on the banks of the Brisbane River, and occupies the final Admiralty Tower Precinct site on the CBD Brisbane River reach. This slender residential tower contains 311 units together with seven luxury riverfront villas, and an extensive boardwalk linking the Admiralty Development up to Boundary Street.
43 Levels, 4 Basements
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.