Sheraton Hotel (27 Little Collins Street), is a 32-storey mixed use development at the busy end of the Melbourne CBD. It comprises 142 residential apartments and a further 44 luxury residences and penthouses in the top six floors of the tower, a new 5-star international brand hotel with approximately 175 guest rooms and suites, and three levels of basement car parking.
The 32-storey tower has been designed to create an iconic predominately glazed sculptural form of highest quality architectural design on Melbourne skyline. The residences and penthouse showcase the ultimate standards of interior design, with distinctive areas of timber and marble floors and generous living bathroom/balcony spaces.
32 Levels above ground
Golden Age Development Group
The Buchan Group
Robert Bird Group
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.