The 4-storey Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital provides health services to the Sunshine Coast Region as well as being a training hospital. This project is a 200-bed hospital offering a range of medical and surgical services. It comprises six surgical theatres, cardiac services unit, intensive care unit, chemotherapy unit, pathology, radiology, pharmacy services, in-patient and out-patient wards.
- The floor plates were reinforced concrete and particular attention was given to natural frequency analysis and dynamic analysis in determining the performance of floor plates under dynamic loads. The floor plates that house surgical theatres underwent extensive floor vibration analyses and were designed to meet acceptable vibration criteria for surgical equipment.
- Special consideration was also given to designing and detailing medical imaging floor plates that are subjected to elevated radiation levels. The structure also comprised a number of structural steel frames to support hospital services including; supporting frames for operating theatre pendants, operating theatre AC plant units, chiller rooms, and ambulance bay and entrance canopies.
- Understanding the nature of a growing population and future hospital demand, the hospital has four levels and has the capacity for an additional ward level to cater for future patient demands.
- Detailed design and documentation of the medical suites car park consisting of 42 car spaces and boom gate controlled entrance.
- Detailed design and documentation of the temporary expansion zone car park consisting of 115 car spaces including 12 bays for disabled persons and boom gate controlled entrance.
- Detailed design of the south west car park and ambulance access consisting of 18 car spaces, two ambulance spaces and boom gate controlled entrance.
- Detailed design and modelling of stormwater infrastructure to provide compliant flood immunity for the development
Private Hospital Facilities: 1.23Ha
Expansion Zone Car Park: 0.56Ha
Medical Suites Car Park:0.57Ha
KHIP 1A Car Park: 0.57Ha
KHIP 1B Car Park: 0.43Ha
Health & Aged Care
Ramsey Health Care
John Holland Group
John Holland Group
Phillips Smith Conwell Architects
Robert Bird Group Services:
- Water Sensitive Urban Design
- Erosion Sediment Control