The Cliffs is situated on Ellis Street at Kangaroo Point, and features sweeping views along the Brisbane River to the Story Bridge, across the Brisbane CBD, and Southbank. This Project won the award for Small Medium Density Development Award at the 2009 UDIA QLD State Awards for Excellence.
- The third level suspended slab provides a transfer of vertical loads from the apartment levels to the car parking levels below.
- Upstand beams were utilised within the transfer slab to maintain head height in the car park area below.
- The building was constructed on a site with approximately 10m of fall, and rock within 1m of the surface.
- From the foundations there are six levels of reinforced concrete floor plates, supported by both concrete columns and load bearing block walls.
- Special design considerations were taken into account to allow for construction within the confined site. Retaining structures were designed to support earth loads in temporary and permanent load conditions, removing the need to removed earth from the site during construction.
Expected completion 2009
3 Levels + 2 Basements
Residential & Retirement
Robert Bird Group Services: