Trafalgar Place is the first phase of Lend Lease’s Elephant Park regeneration project. The project encompasses the former Heygate Estate. This world-class environmental urban development will deliver in excess of 2,500 new homes, designed for a low-carbon society.
The proposed development comprises eight buildings and provides 235 new residential apartments and townhouses in a mixture of market and affordable housing.
Part of the £1.5 billion regeneration of Elephant & Castle
Robert Bird Group Services:
Temp Works Engineering
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.