This project involved $50M substructure contract, construct-ion of new residential pier to deck level. The design and construction of the substructure works for the pier and shore apartments plan area 14,000 square metres, containing a 200m x 40m basement car park within the inter-tidal zone of the Sydney Harbour adopted a method that has not been previously used for a residential building facility, anywhere in the world.
Total Area: 10,120 m² approx
Levels: 6 storeys
Multiplex Constructions NSW
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.