The Wandsworth Riverside development provides a high-quality, landscaped Thames-side residential environment and integrates commercial and retail functions at ground level. Individual medium-rise blocks sit above a landscaped podium and two-storey basement. The site was previously a gas works and, to save cost and reduce environmental impact, the excavated contaminated ground has been remediated on site. Phase 4 is now in progress.
- Post-tensioned flat slabs minimise structural depth and material content.
- Two-storey CFA secant piled basement wall.
- Landscaped reinforced concrete transfer deck at ground level over two-storey basement car park.
- In-ground services link tunnel between basement and energy centre.
- Third tower phased such that the slab forms a crash deck over the energy centre with provision to become a floor slab in the future development.
Phase 3 – 2011
Phase 4 – 2014
Phase 5 – 2014-15
Phase 3 – 160 apartments
Phase 4 – 143 apartments
Phase 3 GEA – 32,000m2
Phase 4 GEA – 24,000m2
Fraser Property Development
Galliford Try Construction
Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher Architects
Robert Bird Group Services