The Wandsworth Riverside development provides a high-quality, landscaped Thames-side residential environment and integrates commercial and retail functions at ground level. Individual medium-rise blocks sit above a landscaped podium and two-storey basement. The site was previously a gas works and, to save cost and reduce environmental impact, the excavated contaminated ground has been remediated on site. Phase 4 is now in progress.
Phase 3 – 2011
Phase 4 – 2014
Phase 5 – 2014-15
Phase 3 – 160 apartments
Phase 4 – 143 apartments
Phase 3 GEA – 32,000m2
Phase 4 GEA – 24,000m2
Fraser Property Development
Galliford Try Construction
Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher Architects
Robert Bird Group Services
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.