West Village is a 40-story mixed use residential development with concrete structure in Parramatta. Project includes 398 apartments, ground floor retail tenancies, as well as ancillary parking and roof top landscaping.
RBG started the concept design process of West Village, 88 Church Street in 2016 then proceed with the detail design and prepared 95% construction documentation which resulted in engaging builder (Parkview) in 2017.
Subsequently, RBG prepared construction documentations prior to the commence of the construction in early 2018.
During construction stage RBG overseas the constructions process, performs site inspections and responds to RFI’s and other queries.
- learning about the cons and pros of employing Precast columns and walls in a high-rise structure
- Column Axial shortening studies and its effects on the entire building
- Employing high strength 100MPa concrete in the structure and its cons and pros
- Redesign the footings with reduced depth as higher bearing pressure encountered during the excavation process to minimize the construction cost and labor
- Expediting the construction process by designing additional pour around the central core wall which allows the construction of basement levels start while jump-form being set up
Expected completion 2020
The development area consists of GFA 33,881 m2
Robert Bird Group Services:
PT Floor design
The design seeks to embrace the scale and materiality of the neighborhood, reflecting the ‘patchwork’ textures of Church street & the historically rich Parramatta precinct.