As part of the revitalisation of Parramatta’s CBD, the Western Sydney Stadium was significantly improved and will now act as a hub catering for large international and national sporting and music events.
The stadium will now provide:
- Undercover seating for 30,000 people with 100% roof coverage.
- Five levels of premium, corporate and function spaces big screens, advanced technology including Wi-Fi and broadcast facilities.
- A 360-degree open concourse with views of the field of play so that fans won’t miss any of the action when buying food and beverages.
- An activation zone fronting O’Connell Street which can be used for community events and market days.
- Improved security and administration along with improved pedestrian and public plazas areas and landscaping around the stadium.
Robert Bird Group Services:
Construction Engineering and Temporary Works
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.