To run adequately, Reveal requires the following minimum hardware and software. These requirements can vary based on visualisation model size and complexity:
Minimum Hardware Requirements
RBG Reveal is made with Unity, a real-time development platform which requires a PC/Laptop capable of running current generation computer games. A minimum specification of the following will ensure a stable frame rate:
- Processor: Quad-core processor 3.2 GHz (Intel Core i5, i7) or 3.6GHz (AMD Ryzen)
- x86, x64 architecture with SSE2 instruction set support.
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video Card: Dedicated DX11 compatible graphics card with 4GB or more of memory
- Disk space: from 15GB
Web Subscription Access
RBG Reveal is made available via a web server accessible from an internet-connected PC, laptop or notebook.
- Currently RBG Reveal web streaming only supports a 16:9 ratio for the application interface. RBG Reveal supports up to a maximum streaming resolution of 1920 x 1080. This is dependent on the user’s internet bandwidth. RBG Reveal web streaming requires a high-speed internet connection and low network latency. Below are the recommended internet bandwidth requirements for optimal performance: An upload speed of 5Mbps is recommended
- A download speed of 10Mbps is recommended
- A network latency of 70ms or less is recommended
- Ensure local firewall is not blocking access to RBG Reveal servers
RBG Reveal supports a maximum of 30 concurrent users. If you require more simultaneous connected users, please contact support to arrange an increase to the concurrent user reservation.
Minimum Software Requirements
RBG Reveal is supported on Workstations and Laptops, running without emulation, container or compatibility layer. Below is the required software to run RBG Reveal:
- OS: Windows 7 (SP1+) and Windows 10
Additional Requirements: Hardware vendor officially supported drivers.
Web Subscription Access
RBG Reveal is accessed via a compatible web browser. This includes devices that run on Windows, MacOS and Linux. Web accessible RBG Reveal requires the use of a recent browser:
- Chrome / Chrome iOS 72+
- Firefox 68+
- Safari 12+
- Microsoft Edge 79+
- Opera 63+
The RBG Reveal web streaming service uses the WebRTC protocol to establish a Peer-To-Peer connection which can be blocked by a Firewall. Please ensure the Robert Bird Group and Furioos domains are in the whitelist of your firewall. Use the test service from Google below to check if your network is compatible with RBG Reveal web streaming.
You need to have at least the following result to establish a successfully connection with a RBG Reveal web streaming server:
Network: (At least one item from each section must be CHECKED)
- UDP enabled – CHECKED
- TCP enabled – CHECKED
Connectivity: (At least one of them must be CHECKED)
- Relay Connectivity – CHECKED
- Reflexive Connectivity – CHECKED
- Host Connectivity – CHECKED
Data Throughput – CHECKED
Limited support for RBG Reveal is available by emailing the Support Desk at: email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to respond to such queries within 48 hours of receipt during working hours.