Vital to every nation’s security, projects in the Defence sector come in many forms, including infrastructure to support active deployments across.
Army, Navy and Air Force, security and headquarters buildings, training facilities, and infrastructure for humanitarian support and global disaster relief programmes.
Robert Bird Group provides structural and civil engineering for a wide range of facilities including:
- buildings and shelters – from base support buildings to national headquarters
- hangars, aircraft pavements and airfield planning and design
- barracks accommodation and support buildings
- training facilities
- special-use facilities
- facilities that need to serve a post-disaster function
- facilities with “secure design” requirements
- facilities with “structural redundancy” design requirements
Our focus when working on Defence projects is on providing a robust and cost-effective engineering response to complex briefs and user requirements-sometimes extending across numerous sites requiring a common capability.
Our experience includes working under a wide range of procurement routes including traditional design service contracts (DSC) / head contract (HC) used on modest scale projects, to managing contractor (MC) approach on larger projects, and Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) used on long term projects inclusive of Facilities Management. More recently Robert Bird Group have worked under the newer ‘integrated’ forms of contract.
Recent examples of Robert Bird Group’ project work in this sector include:
- RSAF CH-47 Chinook Helicopter Infrastructure, Oakey AUSTRALIA
- TAE Test Cell No 1 – RAAF Base Amberley AUSTRALIA
- Single LEAP Defence Accommodation Phase 1 AUSTRALIA
- Single LEAP Defence Accommodation Phase 2 AUSTRALIA
- Civil Works at RAAF Base Amberley Stage 3 AUSTRALIA
- Lavarack Barracks Redevelopment – Stage 1, Townsville AUSTRALIA
- 49 RQR Quartermaster Store, Enoggera AUSTRALIA
- Halliburton Basra Camp IRAQ