Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group as in recent years we have been engaged in projects within the Events Industry, in the Middle East region, focusing on modular construction and temporary demountable structures. We are looking for a dynamic, creative and motivated Design Engineer to join our Structures Team in the Dubai Office.
Our work involves sustainable solutions and developing innovative modular structures which look to further develop the construction methods within the industry. The projects focus on temporary demountable structures and modular structure design and construction, both of which play a key role in the success and record-breaking scale of the events for the client.
If you are excited by creative, collaborative design, solving complex engineering challenges and delivering the next generation structures within the buildings and events industries, we would love to hear from you.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience in structural design from concept through to detailed design.
- Confident communicator, able to explain engineering concepts clearly and simply.
- Construction experience in temporary works design and/or construction site experience is advantageous.
- Passionate about continuous learning and technical excellence
- An interest in temporary demountable structures and the events industry would be advantageous.
- A sound knowledge of – and ability to develop and apply – first-principles engineering solutions, as temporary structures are not as highly codified as permanent structures.
- An interest in digital design, 3D modelling and analysis would be advantageous.
- Contribute to our drive for best practice design and engineering culture, including our drive for net-zero carbon construction and development of cutting-edge digital design technics.
- Undertake site inspections and liaison with contractors through the construction phase.
- Carry out site surveys and desk studies, preparing and presenting outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the promotion of Robert Bird Group to clients and the wider industry.
- Assist with training and direction of graduate engineers and junior draftspersons.
- Actively participate is the RBG team culture, supporting your Team Leader in social, sustainability, H&S, technology development, QA and other team and business initiatives.
- Flexibility to travel across the Middle East region (in particular The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) for short to mid-term placements.
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering (Structural or Civil) BEng or equivalent required
- BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons) would be advantageous
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Engineering Experience: 2 years Min. (but 3 years advantageous)
- Graduate member of the IStructE, ICE or equivalent would be advantageous
Why Work With Us
Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, corporate health insurance rates, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Opportunity for future international transfer within RBG’s global offices, and opportunities generated through RBG being a member of the global Surbana Jurong Group.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.