The Transmission Gully Highway PPP project is a $850M new highway won by the Gateway Partnership. CPB-HEB JV are D+C contractors responsible for delivery.
The project involves the construction of a 27km four-lane motorway from MacKays to Linden (through Transmission Gully), Wellington, New Zealand. It includes a number of major interchanges and multiple bridges through rugged terrain. The project is being delivered through a Public Private Partnership contract between the NZTA and the Wellington Gateway Partnership and is due for completion in 2020.
CPB + HEB Joint Venture
Robert Bird Group Services:
Temporary Works Design
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.