Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our Civil Team in the London Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
- Undertake detailed design of highways and infrastructure projects to include geometric, drainage, earthworks and utilities diversion design, in line with appropriate design standards DMRB, SHW, MfS, Sewers for adoption, SuDs Manual and local authority design standards.
- Use of appropriate software to fulfil duties to include Infraworks, Civil 3D, Microdrainage, Navisworks and Microsoft Project.
- Prepare design and construction drawings for technical approval, tender and construction.
- Prepare S278/38, 104 and 106 technical agreements
- Undertake Design checking.
- Carry out Site inspections and prepare site reports
- Prepare survey scoping documents, specifications, and technical notes/reports
- Undertake Client, project team and stakeholder liaison and consultation /coordination.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resources in conjunction with Senior Engineers and Associates.
- Attendance at project/stakeholder meetings. Prepare agendas and minutes of meetings
- Promote Robert Bird Group to clients.
- Assist Project Leader with monitoring and control of project costs and forecasting
- Assist Associates / Senior Engineer with negotiation and preparation of fee variations.
- Assist Associates / Senior Engineer with preparation of project invoicing.
- Assist with training and direction of graduate engineers and junior draftspersons.
- Undertake Project scheduling, programming and monitoring.
- QA procedure implementation.
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- Chartered Status with ICE or equivalent
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Relevant Engineering Experience (5-10 years)
- BEng (Hons) or Meng (Hons)
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.