Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
Why Work With Us
Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, corporate health insurance rates, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Technician to join our Building Structures Team in the Dubai Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group as in recent years we have been engaged in projects within the Events Industry, in the Middle East region, focusing on modular construction and temporary demountable structures with a number of new and exciting projects kicking off in the coming months.
Our Technicians are active across the whole lifecycle of a project, from the initial concept development, through to detailed design and on to construction stage services. If you are excited by collaborative design, solving complex engineering challenges and delivering the next generation of low carbon buildings and structures, we would love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Drafting in Revit (Tekla or Advance Steel would be advantageous).
- Development of new Revit families templates and assist with the development of BIM protocols.
- Model coordination software such as Navisworks experience
- Experience in Structural Steel Detailing/Shop Drawing
- An interest in of emerging technologies, including Grasshopper, Revit and Dynamo, 4D Timelines would be advantageous.
- Undertake coordination and clash detection in a 3D environment.
- Proactive communication and coordination with architects, MEP engineers and other external consultants.
- Assist engineers with presentation of conceptual ideas –3D images, visuals and presentations.
- Proactively lead technicians under your direction to deliver superior outcomes, including delegation of work to junior technicians and overseas workshare partners.
- Implement Quality System on projects
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- HNC or HND in Civil Engineering, or equivalent.
- Technician member of the IStructE, ICE or equivalent would be advantageous, but not essential.
If you have initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in a collaborative and social team, then this is the role for you!
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.