Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through ‘the relentless pursuit of engineering’ excellence across all projects.
We strive for ‘good to a great design’ by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs using our innovative, collaborative, and proactive ideas.
An exciting full-time opportunity exists for a Technician Lead to join our team based in our Auckland office. If you are passionate about working on diverse projects that change communities for the better, then this is the role for you!
Why work with us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated experts and the specialist engineers of our global business.
We offer great projects, ongoing training, and development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, an active social club, health insurance subsidies, recognition awards, and a supportive and social team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Skills & Experience
With an eye for detail, you can work well prioritising competing deadlines. You will bring a positive can-do attitude to the team and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders from all levels with confidence.
You will support new and existing projects in the detailed design and delivery documentation of our built environment projects.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive toward career development and continuous learning
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Experienced in a wide variety of project work (buildings & infrastructure)
- Competent in design coordination, working on 2 or 3 projects simultaneously
- Advanced capability in documentation & modelling using BIM modelling software Revit and Navisworks
- Experienced in establishing and implementing BIM Execution Plans and delivery strategies in conjunction with clients and delivery teams
- Highly motivated and willing to be proactive in maintaining an efficient workflow
- Qualified with a degree and/or qualification in relevant technical subjects elements of Modelling
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 8+ years’ structural drafting experience with REVIT modelling
- Leadership capability and experience managing, mentoring, and training Technicians
- Model coordination software such as Navisworks experience
- Visual programming (e.g., Dynamo) experience would be beneficial
- Revizto collaboration software for clash detection (preferred)
- A sound understanding of the process of BIM and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders on large scale projects
If you have initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in a collaborative and social team, then this is the role for you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.