Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a global engineering consulting firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through ‘the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence’ across all projects. We strive for ‘good to a great design’ by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs using our innovative, collaborative, and proactive solutions.
RBG has a rich history of embracing digital technology, from the application of advanced structural analysis to the use of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) and the broad application of BIM for efficient project delivery. For many years RBG has been growing its capabilities in BIM, and now has significant skillsets spread across its offices, globally.
This full-time role will be instrumental in managing the operational application of BIM, VDC and digital processes and contributing to the development and implementation of RBG modelling and BIM standards for the Sydney team.
Working in collaboration with RBG’s BIM, VDC & Digital Production Leadership, you will also support the growth in the adoption of BIM standards and processes, including supporting strategy development, technical skills growth, driving cultural change, internal and external engagement, opportunity identification and practical implementation of BIM on projects in the region.
Why work for us?
As the Technician Manager, you will have the ability to leverage some of the region’s largest, highest-profile and most complex projects and drive the application of our BIM capability as we move towards a fully integrated digital environment in our industry.
You will be become part of an existing dedicated team of digital experts and regional specialists spread throughout the business including software development, digital/computational design, Virtual Design and Construction, BIM and, of course, engineering.
We offer access to landmark projects, various paid leave, financial, and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative and social team environment.
The role will also include:
- Ensuring digital production processes/standards are compatible and integrated throughout respective region, including 2D drafting, BIM and VDC
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of standard details and Revit libraries and communicating to all team members on any new developments.
- Providing input in the preparation of project BIM Execution Plans based on best practice and RBG standards.
- Providing input to estimates for the engineering budget and schedule, project BIM requirements, and overseeing technical resources to meet requirements projects.
- Checking and reviewing drawings and models to ensure the quality of output meets and exceeds expectations within the region
- Developing, training and mentoring technicians under your direction.
- Fostering a collaborative environment that promotes staff retention and wellbeing
- Providing technical advice to team members to support them in project delivery, as well as in their professional development.
- Contributing to the regional delivery and execution of company Engineering and Technology initiatives, including training initiatives.
The successful applicant will have:
- Substantial and relevant (production) experience in leading digital production design and construction related activities including but not limited to; structural & civil drafting and modelling, BIM, VDC, and the use of digital design processes.
- Advanced proficiency with CAD and Revit modelling and the ability to utilise the applications to conduct model and drawing reviews in supporting engineering tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership, organisational and people management skills and the ability to prioritise key objectives.
- Experience developing, training, and mentoring technicians.
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders at senior levels and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated capability in numerous BIM modelling related software packages including clash detection software such as Navisworks, and collaboration software.
- The ability to define BIM outcomes and understand the BIM process in its entirety
- Associate Diploma in Engineering. Professional membership with a relevant institution preferred.
If you have initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in a collaborative and social team, then this is the role for you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.